Law Office of Karen Metcalf
Practice Limited to Bankruptcy since 1986
Karen's Business Bio
When Contemplating Filing Bankruptcy
- Don't use your credit cards.
- Don't pay money to family or friends.
- Don't borrow money.
-Don't give money or expensive gifts to anyone.
- Don't take out payday loans.
- Don't fail to file your tax returns.
- Don't get married to someone who earns more than you.
- Don't write bad checks.
- Don't run up your credit cards in advance of filing.
- Don't fail to appear at any court hearings.
- Don't plan to keep a credit card without telling your attorney.
- Don't plan to leave off any assets.
- Don't bank where you owe money;
this includes credit cards you obtained through the bank or credit union.
- Don't fail to save your pay statements from all jobs for the last 6 months.
(National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys)